Tuesday 23 August 2011

Makeup and Hair Haul: Superdrug and Boots.

Today I was out for a bit, and I went to Superdrug and Boots and picked up just a few small items :)


The first place I went was Boots, I was originally looking for the VO5 Sea Salt/Surf spray that I've heard about on Youtube, Blogs and recently in CosmeticCharlotte72's hair tutorial on Youtube (go check out her channel-she's one of my absolute favourites!!) So she used it in this tutorial, and I decided to try and find some of it to try out as I'm also on the look out for products to achieve that perfect, semi-wavy, beachy, full-of-volume look. Unfortunately for such a volume-lover as me, I've poker-straight hair..daym :( but it never looks like that anymore, as I put so much product in it ;) probably not the best thing for it! Ah well! :P
But I couldn't find that exact one in there :( so I picked up this instead, thinking of it as an alternative:

It's called VO5 Give Me Texture. It's supposedly adds texture to your hair..the clue's in the name ya see! ;) It comes out in a mist and it is obviously a spray bottle.

This, though it's not got the sea salt/surf spray aspect, still claims to enhance your waves, so I thought I'd give it a try!


I can't completely remember the price of this, and it's seemingly not on the Boots website AND I have no idea where the reciept is..but I would say it was around £4-£5. Not expensive at all! :D I've tried it out and I realllly like it, it adds some volume and it makes your hair softer.


I also picked up this with one of the No7 £5 vouchers that I had :)


I've been wanting to try the No7 brushes for a while now, so I picked this one up as my first one! It's a dupe for a MAC 219 or the 'pencil brush' which small and great for adding intensity.


As you can see this brush is labelled as the 'Smokey Eyeliner Brush'. I've used it a once today, just to try it out when I got home from Boots..and I really like it!! It's soo affordable at only £7.25 PLUS with the £5 off voucher, it's only £2.25! The best deal everrrrrrr! :D
As you can tell the bristles are very tightly, densely packed. I was surprised by how hard it was at first, but it's not hard in a bad way, it's the denseness, and I LOVE that about it!! :D It is perfect for smudging liner/colours on the upper or lower lashlines and for adding colour to the outer corner or for a more intense look: to the crease too.


I'm really happy with both of my purchases from Boots..and then, when I paid, I got another of these babies!:



So that made me even happier <3!

In Superdrug I was looking for a paler foundation, as every other single colour on the planet (ok, maybe not that much!!;)) is too dark! ;P. I have been wanting to try out Revlon's Colourstay Foundation for a while now, and this was the perfect excuse! I found it in suchaa light colour that really matches meee so I'm really happy! I haven't tried it out yet, but I am really excited to tomorrow!! :)

It retails at £12.49..which is probably the priciest drugstore foundation I've come across- but from what I've heard it's worth it, I'm really hoping it is!!


I'm disappointed that it doesnt have a pump :( I'd hope for the high price they could provide a pump tbh but oh well!


My shade is 110 Ivory and I'm pretty sure it was the lgihtest shade that Revlon had-definitely in my local!




And then..what should I come across for a tiny £3-something!?


YEP! The exact thing I'd been looking for in Boots and failed to find! So now I've got two different sprays, a combination of both of them leaves my soft, wavy and volumized. Great! :)


Overall I'm SOOO impressed with this product, DEFINITELY got and pick one up for yourselves!!! :)

Thanks for reading!
Love, Katie .xx







No comments:

Post a Comment