Tuesday 11 October 2011

Makeup Haul: ELF.

Heyya,

first off, a big apology for it almost being a whole month since I last blogged, I honestly have no excuse other than..just been a bit uninspired tbh! But now I have plenty of ideas for posts and pictures and can't wait to get back into it!

Now onto the haul! ELF sent me an email a little while back now saying they were having their 'last 50% off deal' as they've had a fair few recently. I don't know quite why they're doing that because since the great idea of half-off, I've heard more about ELF on Youtube and blogs than ever before, but ahh well. There was a staple makeup item I'd been waiting for them to get back in stock (Complexion Perfection) for a while and as soon as it was, I snapped up the oppourtunity to get some things! :)


A little brown box of makeup..perfect!<3


This is one of those felt-tip applicator eyeliners that I've been wondering about trying out for a while now and for £1.50..why not?!!




I was really impressed by how black it was and it dried soooo quickly and just didnt budge at all as soon as it was dry, seriously impressed!!


I originally bought this colour because I thought the swatch on the website looked kinda similar to Cement Mixer by Models Own..and when I got it out of the packaging I felt a little disappointed (but no worries when you see my next NOTD post-totally in love;)!)




The main reason I wanted to try this was because I'd heard it was a really good powder highlight and its pretty hard to find a nice, drugstore powder highlight.


Gotta be honest, whilst its a great idea in pan and theory......


And actually even in this picture it looks quite nice..but the lovely colour and shimmer is completely ruined by the powderyness (!) of it and its so crumbly that loads of product gets wasted. For £3.50 its not exactly a waste of money, I'm just gutted cos I was so excited for it!!


This was the main reason for ordering this stuff-as I said!! :) it's the best powder I have ever found tbh and I love it cos it can colour-correct too!!


A few people have said they were confused by what this powder does cos it looks crazily, rainbow-coloured but don't worry, you wont have a multi-coloured face :p I will doo a further Blog post about it soon!! :)
Kinda gave into the peer pressure and ordered the ELF Studio Powder Brush!

And a minimini updated review?! I totally love itt and its worth all of the buzz around it!!



This the Mineral Booster in Sheer and I wanted to try it out because I'm not that into Mineral makeup and wanna see if I like it or not!! This is kinda a cheaper version of Bare Minerals I guess..



Have to say, it's the same story as before...a nice idea and works on paper but when you actually get it..it's just a kinda muddyish powder that doesnt mattify that well..not tooo impressed tbh:L



These have also had a lot of buzz around them atm in the blogging/youtubing world and I'm really impressed with this actually :)


It's in the shade Natural which I thought would be the safest bet!! It's a great rosey nude colour.


It's really pigmented as you can see and retails at a great £3.50 :)


So that's about it for now :) Will be back soon with some updated reviews!! Anything else from ELF or any other brands I need to be trying out?!

Love, Katie .xx

No comments:

Post a Comment