Saturday 14 January 2012

Review: Mascara-Bourjois Volumizer.

Time to get back on the post writing wagon. This is a review :)

I bought this mascara acutally before Christmas but I've only just got round to writing about it! It's by Bourjois; a brand more famous for its chocolate bronzer and healthy mix foundation, but, I read about this on Sara Walker's blog, she also has a Youtube channel (SWalkerMakeup). She really loved it and it looked great on her, so I decided to pick it up and try it out too! :)

The mascara has a two-step system; one, smaller, thinner brush for adding more length (in my opinion) and a second, bigger, fatter brush for volume and intensity. I love the first brush. Alone it's a little TOO subtle, unless you really felt like wearing nothing but a tiny bit of mascara, then it would be perfect by itself. The second step is good too and adds a great amount of volume..however, the only thing I dislike about this mascara is on the second brush, half of the mascara in the tube must come out every single time. If I don't scrape off all sides of the second mascara wand, then the mascara looks horribly clumpy and makes your lashes look sparse and generally not nice. It's a bit of a pain to do that every time, however, once you have, you get a great effect. The main thing I noticed in this mascara was how good it was at seperating and lengething lashes. It's nothing paticularly special for volumizing, for me at least.



(Brush 1)


(Brush 2)

This mascara retails at £10.49-one of the priciest drugstore mascaras I've come across..and honestly..I'd rather add another £5 on and get an amazing Clinique one instead, because I don't think it's worth that much. Something like Maybelline Collossal I would happily pay that much for, but hmmm..not sure about this one really..

Product: 3/5.
Packaging: 4/5.
Price: 2.5/5

Overall..it's a nice mascara..but I don't think I'll be repurchasing it. Nice idea though. I think I'll look at some other, similar mascaras that feed off of the 2 wands idea. :)

Thanks for reading :)

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment